Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My loving in-laws

Dear Jimmy and Loretta,

I am so grateful to be embraced by you and the extended family. The loss of my parents last year has made me realize ever more that family is the center of my life.

The comforting and calm presence of family gets you through the rough spots and makes the happy times even more precious.

Family is a safe harbor in a chaotic world. We help each other to weather the storm.

So in some small way, let me say thanks for being there during these times—good and bad.

It is one thing to love your wife. But when you can say that you love her parents and the rest of her family, you are (I am) indeed a lucky man.

Ron

4 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Thsnk you for the kind words. We kinda love you too.

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Loretta,

    Sure nice to hear that!

    Love,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tribute!! Happy Thanksgiving! ;D

    ReplyDelete

 
Philosophy Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Site Meter TopOfBlogs Philosophy Blogs