Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Prayer for patience (and more)

I pray for patience. Patience to move at a reasonable pace. Patience to slow down when I need to.

I pray for understanding. Understanding my limitations as all too human. Understanding I cannot do it all today.

I pray for love. Love of even my own imperfections. Love when I fall short of my unreasonable expectations.

I pray for patience, understanding, and love.

--By Ron Cooper

(Please leave your comments on this prayer...thanks!)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks, Caesar, come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the prayer, I used it today. Thank you very much for it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eloquently spoken as always, Uncle Ron! I pray for the Fruit of the Spirit everyday in my life. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). I must admit that on one occasion when I was specifically praying for patience, I was 40 weeks pregnant, and no sooner did I say "Amen," I broke my toe! It was a true lesson in patience indeed! Blessings, Steph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph, Well said (and phrased only as you can!). I know you are a prayerful person seeking all of those good and positive things in your life. Thanks for sharing!

    Love,
    Uncle Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this prayer sir, I'm glad to have found it and started my day with such a heartfelt poem. God bless, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very glad it struck such a helpful chord with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS FOR SHARING THIS INSPIRATIONAL PRAYER. PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for that...Exactly what I needed...God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you derived something from the prayer, Anon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you..it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Philosophy Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Site Meter TopOfBlogs Philosophy Blogs