Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

How many miles?


In 45 years behind the wheel, I’ll bet that I’ve racked up a staggering 540,000 miles—based on the U.S. national average of 12,000 miles a year.

That’s the equivalent of going 21.6 times around the earth!

“Wow, what an accomplishment!” I first thought. I even started to feel a little cocky.

But then I started to wonder. How many of those miles went:

  • To visit the sick?
  • To feed the hungry?
  • To cheer up someone feeling down?
  • To run a chore for a shut-in?

How many were devoted:

  • To community service?
  • To the cause of peace?
  • To promote racial harmony?
  • To work for equality?

I’m not bragging any more because, well, I have no ready answers.

How about you?

--By Ron Cooper

6 comments:

  1. You have inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad (but humbling) to hear that! Thank you for writing and stop by this site any time you like!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ron,

    Personally, I myself don't have the exact answers to that particular questions... In fact, in life there are so many unanswered puzzles which limits by our human brain. If we all could just unite, no more questions or doubt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terrence,

    I agree with you. I think it's important for all of us on the earth to realize that we are so much alike. We need to help each other when we can. Thanks so much for writing, and I hope you stop back by the blog site soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled on your post but I was challenged and inspired. Thank you.

    http://artroyremy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU, Art Roy, I appreciate you stopping by.

    Is there a way to follow your blog? I checked out the RSS feed, but couldn't get it to work for me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Philosophy Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Site Meter TopOfBlogs Philosophy Blogs