Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Kindness on the road

Stopped at a red light, I looked with concern at the motorist in front of me. She had a dangerously low passenger tire on the right side. But just then, the light changed and she started to speed away.

I, too, sped up and began following her. I couldn’t get out of my head the possibility she might crash her car—when it could be avoided. At the next light, I pulled up next to her, tooting the horn. She rolled down the window and I told her about the tire. She really appreciated that.

We all share the road. Drivers can at times exasperate us and even make us curse. But we should help them in any way that we can. It’s the right thing, the kind thing, to do.

By Ron Cooper

6 comments:

  1. Ron, I'd appreciate that, we need to look out for each other and lift oneanother up more! Don't waste opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a kind and generous thing too do I only wish there were more persons on the road like you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment...We're all in it together! Stop by my site any time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish someone had done that to me. Would have saved me forking out for a new one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Philosophy Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Site Meter TopOfBlogs Philosophy Blogs